Calgary road closures - August 13, 2015
Airport Trail N.E. will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily between 36 St N.E. and Barlow Trail N.E. for final inspection Monday, August 10 to Friday, August 14.
The left lane on westbound McKnight Boulevard will be closed between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily until Friday, Aug. 21 as part of the McKnight Boulevard widening project.
Eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
NEW: Varsity Estates Drive N.W. is closed at Varsity Estates View N.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, August 14. Traffic will be detoured to Varsity Estates View N.W. during this closure. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Sunday, August 16 and accommodates water services work.
NEW: Westbound 40 Avenue N.W. is closed west of 4 Street N.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, August 14. Flag personnel will maintain two-way traffic in the eastbound lane during the day. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Sunday, August 16 and accommodates water services work.
The left lane of northbound Crowchild Trail N.W. is closed at 24 Avenue N.W. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily until further notice. This closure accommodates work on Crowchild Trail traffic congestion reduction program.
Crowchild Trail North will have one lane closed at 24 Ave N.W. for signal work from Monday, August 10 to Friday, August 14 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Symons Valley Road N.W. will be closed between 144 Avenue N.W. and Sage Hill Drive N.W. for construction of a new roadway. Traffic will be detoured to Sage Hill Drive N.W. This closure will remain in place until 6 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 6.
Eastbound Beddington Trail N.W. will be reduced to a single lane at Hidden Valley Link N.W. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily until Friday, Aug. 14. This closure accommodates sound barrier installation.
Westbound 112 Avenue N.W. will be reduced to a single lane between 69 Street N.W. and 85 Street N.W. daily between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. until Friday, Aug. 14 due to construction.
83 Street N.W. will be closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- The left lane of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be closed at Bowfort Road N.W. between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily.
- The left lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be closed at Bowfort Road N.W. daily between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. These closures continue until the end of August and are related to the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road Interchange Project.
NEW: Northbound Ogden Road S.E. is closed north of 34 Avenue S.E. beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, August 14. During this closure, a two way traffic setup will be in place in the southbound lanes. This closure continues until 5 a.m. on Monday, August 17 and accommodates utility work.
NEW: Eastbound 42 Avenue S.E. is closed between 1 Street S.E. and Manhattan Road S.E. beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, August 15. A two-way traffic setup will be in place in the westbound lanes. This closure remains in place until 5 p.m. on Sunday, August 16 and accommodates water services work.
NEW: Various lane closures on 24 Street S.E. from South of Douglas Glen Gate S.E. through to 107 Avenue S.E. beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday, August 15. These closures continue until 6 p.m. on Tuesday, August 18 and accommodate paving in the area.
NEW: The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of northbound 3 Street S.E. is closed between 9 Avenue S.E. and 7 Avenue S.E. between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturday, August 15. This closure accommodates construction related to the new Central Library.
The right lane of southbound 3 Street S.E. is closed between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E. This closure accommodates the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project.
9 Avenue S.E. will be reduced to one lane in each direction between 11 Street S.E. and 12 Street S.E. beginning Monday, August 10 until Friday, August 28 due to sidewalk construction.
Westbound 9 Avenue S.E. west of 4 Street S.E. will be closed until 3 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 24. During this closure, a two-way traffic setup will be installed in the eastbound lanes. This closure accommodates construction.
Various lanes of 94 Avenue S.E. between 52 Street S.E. and 60 Street S.E. will be closed until Wednesday Sept. 30 for new road construction.
- The northbound lanes on Macleod Trail, north of 25 Street S.E. have been temporarily realigned as part of the Victoria Bridge Rehabilitation Project. Please pay attention in this area.
- The exit ramp allowing U-turns from southbound 1 Street S.E. to northbound Macleod Trail, north of 25 Avenue S.E. will be closed until late September.
- The regional pathway link to the Macleod Trail bridge deck (Victoria Bridge) will also be closed. Pathway users will be directed to use the 1 Street S.E. link one block to the west.
- The speed limit on Glenmore Trail will be reduced to 50 km/h between Macleod Trail and Deerfoot Trail for the duration of construction.
- The pedestrian underpass and sidewalk connection under Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail S.E. will be closed for work related to the Glenmore Trail Bridges projects. Pedestrians will be directed to use Macleod Trail to cross Glenmore Trail. The pedestrian underpass is anticipated to be closed until September.
- Three bridges on Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail and west of Deerfoot Trail, including Glenmore Trail over 11 Street S.E., Glenmore Trail over Fairmount Drive and Glenmore Trail over the CP/LRT tracks, will have various lane closures until October. During construction, there will be various stages which will require traffic pattern changes on Glenmore Trail and numerous lane closures on both Glenmore Trail and Centre Street S / Fairmount Drive S.E. under Glenmore Trail S.E.
The two right lanes of 9 Avenue S.W. between 3 Street S.W. and 4 Street S.W. will be closed nightly between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
4 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane in each direction between 9 Avenue S.E. and 8 Avenue S.E. until Sept. 30. This closure is for construction of the +60 pedestrian bridge at the National Music Centre.
NEW: The left lanes and adjacent cycle track are closed between 9 Street S.W. and 10 Street S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, August 14. Cyclists will be detoured into the closed lane on 12 Avenue S.W., which will serve as a temporary detour for the cycle track during this closure. This closure continues until 5 p.m. on Sunday, August 23 and accommodates construction.
Update: The 5 Street S.W. cycle track will be closed between 15 Avenue S.W. and 17 Avenue S.W. until further notice. In order to improve the transition of the 5 Street cycle track between 15 Avenue S.W. and 17 Avenue S.W., the northbound and southbound lanes of the cycle track, and portions of the east sidewalk on 17 Avenue, will face periodic closures. Please follow the detour signs to as crews complete work on these blocks. Cyclists are advised to dismount and use the sidewalk through this stretch.
The right lane of northbound 8 Street S.W. and adjacent sidewalk are closed between 8 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. until late September. This closure accommodates the 8 Street Underpass project. Pedestrians are advised to use the west sidewalk.
The cycle track on 12 Avenue S.E. will be detoured between 3 Street S.E. and Olympic Way S.E. until further notice to accommodate construction.
Southbound 1 Street S.W. will be reduced to one lane between 9 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. this summer to accommodate the 1 Street S.W. underpass enhancement project. At the same time, the sidewalk on southbound 1 Street S.W. will be closed. Pedestrians should use the sidewalk on the east side of 1 Street S.W. These closures will be in place until the work on the west side of the underpass is complete.
While the bulk of construction work for the Crowchild Trail/Flanders Avenue Interchange won't begin until September 2015, some initial work to prepare for the Interchange construction process is underway:
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Preparatory construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue.Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
Inglewood Night Market - Friday, August 14
10 Street S.E. will be closed between 9 Avenue S.E. and 10 Avenue S.E. from 1 p.m. on Friday, August 14 and 6 a.m. on Saturday, August 15.
Summer Construction Projects
Now that summer is here, Roads construction projects are ramping up. For more information, visit Calgary.ca/paving.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.