Calgary road closures - April 13, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – April 13, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
Deerfoot Trail Street Sweeping
- Various single lane closures on Deerfoot Trail throughout the city nightly from Monday, April 3 through Thursday, April 21.
NEW: 36 Street N.E. is reduced to a single lane both directions between 24 Avenue and 25 Avenue N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, April 14 due to girder repairs.
13 Avenue N.E. is closed at Edmonton Trail N.E. from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 13 due to craning activity.
Single right lane closure of northbound 12 Street N.E. south of McKnight Boulevard N.E. begins daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, March 28 until 3 p.m. on Friday, April 15. This closure continues daily during these hours on weekdays, and from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays.
New traffic patterns on McKnight Boulevard N.E. between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. until June 2016. Eastbound McKnight will be closed in this stretch and narrowed two-way traffic will be in place in the westbound lanes. This work is part of the McKnight Boulevard N.E. Widening Project.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekly on Tuesday through Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
14 Street N.W. is reduced to one lane southbound between 2 Avenue N.W. and the Memorial Drive Bridge from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. daily from Wednesday, April 13 until Tuesday, April 19 due to utility inspection.
The right lane of northbound 10 Street N.W. between Memorial Drive and 2 Avenue N.W. is closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning on Friday, April 8. This closure accommodates the Kensington improvements project and is expected to last daily through October 2016.
The right lane of northbound 10 Street N.W. between Memorial Drive and 2 Avenue N.W. is closed from 6:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily beginning on Monday, April 11. This closure accommodates the Kensington improvements project and is expected to last daily through October 2016.
Tuscany Way N.W. is closed between Tuscany Valley Green N.W. and 12 Mile Coulee Road N.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, April 5. During this closure traffic will be detoured via Tussellwood Drive N.W. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 19 and accommodates construction.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed at Bowfort Road from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. starting Friday, April 1 and continuing daily during these hours until Friday, April 15 due to construction.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; use an alternate route.
Starting on Tuesday, March 29 and continuing until the end of April, there will be various stages of construction with sections of roadway being closed on 34 Avenue S.E. between Manchester Road and Dartmouth Road to allow for gas main upgrades. Use 36 Avenue S.E. to bypass the closures.
Zoo Road will be closed beginning on Monday, March 7 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic. This closure is expected to last until December 2017.
- From now until late summer of 2016, there will be periodic lane closures and 50 km/h speed reductions at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail at 58 Avenue S.E. to allow for intersection improvements. Further information will follow as construction progresses. For additional information on this project, please go to Calgary.ca and search “58 Avenue and Blackfoot Trail S.E. intersection improvements”.
- NEW: The two left lanes will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 10 p.m. Thursday, April 14 to 5 a.m. Friday April 15.
- Starting on Thursday, April 7, the access to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. from northbound Macleod Trail will change. The previous northbound Macleod Trail to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. exit will re-open, but operate as a single left turn only. The access to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from northbound Macleod Trail will remain as is on the existing detour ramp.
- Sunpark Gate between Sun Valley Boulevard and Sunpark Plaza will close starting Sunday, April 3. Traffic will be directed to use Sunpark Drive to bypass the closure. A 4-way stop at the intersection of Sunpark Drive with Sunpark Plaza will be installed on Friday, April 1 in an effort to minimize the impact to the surrounding road network as a result of the closure.
- The dual turns from eastbound and westbound 162 Avenue S.E. to northbound and southbound Shawville Boulevard will be revised to single left turns starting Sunday April 3. An alternate access to the south end of Shawville Boulevard can be used via the southbound Macleod Trail exit ramp to 22X.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
NEW: The cycle track is closed on 5 Street S.W. between 5 Avenue and 6 Avenue S.W. from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Thursday, April 16 due to manhole work. Motorists and cyclists are asked to share the road during this closure.
The left lane and adjacent sidewalk of 6 Avenue S.W. is closed west of 2 Street S.W. beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, April 8. This closure continues until 3:30 p.m. on Friday, April 15 and accommodates construction.
The cycle track and adjacent parking lane will be closed at 8 Avenue S.W. between 10 Street and 11 Street S.W. beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday, April 11. Cycle track and vehicle traffic are asked to share the road westbound on 8 Avenue S.W. This closure continues until 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 13 and accommodates construction.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information