Calgary road closures - April 1, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – April 1, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
Southbound 12 Street N.E. is closed at McKnight Boulevard N.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on Saturday, April 2 until 7 p.m. on Sunday, April 3 due to construction. Motorists are advised to use 32 Avenue N.E. to access 12 Street N.E. during this closure.
Saddlebrook Drive N.E. is closed between Saddlemont Boulevard N.E. and Saddlelake Way N.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday April 4 until 7 a.m. on Friday, April 8 and accommodates utility installation.
Single right lane closure of northbound 12 Street N.E. south of McKnight Boulevard N.E. begins daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, March 28 until 3 p.m. on Friday, April 15. This closure continues daily during these hours on weekdays, and from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays.
New traffic patterns on McKnight Boulevard N.E. between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. until June 2016. Eastbound McKnight will be closed in this stretch and narrowed two-way traffic will be in place in the westbound lanes. This work is part of the McKnight Boulevard N.E. Widening Project.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekly on Tuesday through Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed at Bowfort Road from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. starting Friday, April 1 and continuing daily during these hours until Friday, April 15 due to construction.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; use an alternate route.
NEW: Various northbound and westbound lane closures at Macleod Trail and 4 Avenue S.E. from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 2 due to water services work.
NEW: The two left lanes will be closed and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h on westbound Glenmore Trail east of Blackfoot Trail from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly on Sunday, April 3 and Monday, April 4 to allow for bridge deck repairs.
Southbound Dougalsdale Boulevard S.E. is reduced to one lane at Douglasbank Drive S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Tuesday, March 29 and continuing daily until Wednesday, April 6 due to utility work.
Various dual lane closures on Glenmore Trail between Blackfoot Trail S.E. and Deerfoot Trail S from 9 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. the following morning beginning on Sunday, March 20. These closures continue during these hours Sunday through Thursday evenings until 5 a.m. on Friday, April 8 due to bridge work.
Starting on Tuesday, March 29 and continuing until the end of April, there will be various stages of construction with sections of roadway being closed on 34 Avenue S.E. between Manchester Road and Dartmouth Road to allow for gas main upgrades. Use 36 Avenue S.E. to bypass the closures.
Zoo Road will be closed beginning on Monday, March 7 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic. This closure is expected to last until December 2017.
- From now until late summer of 2016, there will be periodic lane closures and 50 km/h speed reductions at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail at 58 Avenue S.E. to allow for intersection improvements. . Further information will follow as construction progresses. For additional information on this project, please go to Calgary.ca and search “58 Avenue and Blackfoot Trail S.E. intersection improvements”.
- The access to both westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from northbound Macleod Trail was revised on Sunday, January 31. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- NEW: The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 2.
- NEW: Sunpark Gate between Sun Valley Boulevard and Sunpark Plaza will close starting Sunday, April 3. Traffic will be directed to use Sunpark Drive to bypass the closure. A 4-way stop at the intersection of Sunpark Drive with Sunpark Plaza will be installed on Friday, April 1 in an effort to minimize the impact to the surrounding road network as a result of the closure.
- NEW: Eastbound and westbound Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail will have various single and multiple lanes closed from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 2 and Sunday, April 3, and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, April 4 to Friday, April 8.
- NEW: Eastbound and westbound 162 Avenue S.E. west of Macleod Trail will have various single and multiple lanes closed from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily on Saturday, April 2 and Sunday, April 3, and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, April 4 to Friday, April 8
- NEW: The dual turns from eastbound and westbound 162 Avenue S.E. to northbound and southbound Shawville Boulevard will be revised to single left turns starting Sunday April 3. An alternate access to the south end of Shawville Boulevard can be used via the southbound Macleod Trail exit ramp to 22X.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
17 Avenue S.W. will be closed between 8 Street and 9 Street S.W. beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday, April 2. During this closure, westbound traffic will be directed north to 14 Avenue via 8 Street S.W. Eastbound traffic will be detoured to 14 Avenue or 18 Avenue via 9 Avenue S.W. This closure continues until 10 p.m. on Sunday, April 3 and accommodates crane construction. The sidewalk on the south side of 17 Avenue S.W. will be closed for the duration of this closure.
5 Street S.W. is closed between 6 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 1. During this closure the cycle track will also be closed and detoured to 7 Street S.W. This closure continues until 10 p.m. on Sunday, April 3 and accommodates construction.
The two left lanes and adjacent sidewalk of 9 Avenue S.W. are closed at 11 Street S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, April 1. During this closure, northbound 11 Street S.W. will also be reduced to a single lane at 9 Avenue S.W. This closure continues until 9 p.m. on Sunday, April 3 and accommodates construction.
2 Avenue S.W. is closed between 5 Street and 6 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 2. This closure accommodates construction.
17 Avenue S.W. will be reduced to a single lane in each direction east of 9 Street S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, April 4. This closure continues until 3 p.m. on Wednesday, April 6 and accommodates water services work. The sidewalks will remain open on both sides of 17 Avenue during the closure.
The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of northbound 6 Street S.W. is closed at 6 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, April 4. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, April 8 and accommodates utility work.
The left lane of 9 Avenue S.W. is closed at 8 Street S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, March 28. This closure continues until 3 p.m. on Friday, April 1 and accommodates construction.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
National Music Centre Junos – Friday, April 1
- 4 Street S.E. is closed between 8 Avenue and 9 Avenue S.E. from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday, April 1. Motorists are advised to watch for police in the area who will be helping direct traffic around the closure.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.