Sex assault and child luring charges laid
The Calgary Police Service has charged a man in relation to child luring and sexual assault.
In January of this year, a concerned parent contacted the Child Abuse Unit after discovering text messages of a sexual nature on her child’s cell phone. These messages contained child pornography.
In the course of their investigation, officers found that the suspect’s phone number was linked to an unrelated sexual assault that took place in Queens Park Cemetery in July 2014. Public complaints about similar notes found in the cemetery that were sexual in nature were also made to police during the same time.
Peter Anthony GOULDEN, 50, of Calgary is charged with:
· two counts sexual assault
· investigation to sexual touching with child under 16 years
· sexual interference with child under 16 years
· possession of child pornography
· accessing child pornography
· luring child by telecommunication
· make explicit material available to a child