Seeking Public Assistance - Nighttime Break and Enter
The Calgary Police Service is seeking public assistance in relation to a nighttime break and enter.
At approximately 2:45 a.m., on Monday, March 16, 2015, the owners of a residence located in the 1300 block of 40 Street S.E., were asleep when they were awoken by a sound in the home. The female resident left her room to see what the noise was, and discovered a man within the home. She screamed and the man fled the residence, getting on a bicycle and leaving the area.
The man is described as having wavy hair, and wearing a black jacket.
It is important to note that these incidents can happen anywhere in the city, and all Calgarians are urged to take steps to protect themselves.
- Hide or preferably remove all valuables, keys, garage door openers and other property from unattended vehicles.
- Ensure all home and garage doors, patio doors and windows are secured even when you are home, day or night, including the door from an attached garage to the house.
- Develop a routine to make sure the garage doors have been closed and secured. Don’t drive away from your home until you’ve seen the garage door close completely.
- Check all vehicles, doors and windows before turning in for the night.
- Consider installing home and vehicle alarm systems and vehicle anti-theft devices.
- Let your neighbours know if they’ve left doors open or vehicles unlocked.
- Report any suspicious activity to the Calgary Police Service (403) 266-1234. If you believe a crime is in progress, please call 911.
Anyone with information about this incident or the identity of this individual is asked to call police at 403-266-1234, or Crime Stoppers anonymously using any of the following methods:
TEXT: tttTIPS to 27463
Case # 15105642 / 3900