Nighttime Break and Enter in Dover
The Calgary Police Service is seeking public assistance in relation to a nighttime break and enter.
Sometime between 10:30 p.m., on Wednesday, July 1, 2015, and 5:15 a.m., today, Thursday, July 2, 2015, the owners of a residence located in the 2600 block of Dovely Court S.E., were asleep when someone broke into their home through an unsecure door.
The suspect rummaged through several rooms in the home, stealing personal items and cash.
It is important to note that these incidents can happen anywhere in the city, and all Calgarians are urged to take steps to protect themselves.
- Despite the warm weather, it is important to ensure windows and doors are secured at all times, even when you’re home. Culprits need mere moments to commit a theft or break in
- Use timers to control lighting within the home
- Install exterior motion lights to brighten dark areas around doors or windows to make them easily seen by a neighbour or passersby
- Lock all garage doors, including the one between an attached garage and the house.
- If you are away, ensure a friend or neighbour picks up your mail and flyers, and keeps your yard appearing cared for, giving the impression that you’re around
- Store important or irreplaceable documents and items away from your home, such as in a safety deposit box
- If you see homes with open doors, front doors with keys left in the locks, or a neighbour’s car with the trunk left open, give them a quick call to let them know
- Consider installing home and vehicle alarm systems and vehicle anti-theft devices
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call police at 403-266-1234, or Crime Stoppers anonymously using any of the following methods:
TEXT: tttTIPS to 27463