Man Wanted on Warrants for Multiple Bank Robberies
The Calgary Police Service is seeking public assistance to locate a man wanted on warrants in connection with numerous bank robberies in Calgary.
Between Friday, Aug. 22, 2014, and Friday, Jan. 30, 2015, eight financial institutions were robbed by a man who posed as a customer and waited in line to be served. Once called upon by the teller, the man produced a robbery note and was given an undisclosed amount of money before leaving the bank. No one was injured as a result of the robberies.
The eight locations are:
- At approximately 1:40 p.m., on Friday, Aug. 22, 2014, at the CIBC located in the 3600 block on 17 Avenue S.E.
- At approximately 9:45 a.m., on Friday, Sept. 5, 2014, at the Scotiabank located in the 1400 block of 17 Avenue S.W.
- At approximately 1:30 p.m., on Saturday, Sept. 27, 2014, at the Scotiabank located in the 8700 block of Macleod Trail S.W.
- At approximately 9:50 a.m., on Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2014, at the CIBC located in the 4600 block of Bow Trail S.W.
- At approximately 3:10 p.m., on Thursday, Oct. 2, 2014, at the CIBC located in the 10000 block of Southport Road S.W.
- At approximately 10:40 a.m., on Friday, Oct. 31, 2014, at the CIBC located at 2000 block of 16 Avenue N.W.
- At approximately 11:10 a.m., on Friday, Oct. 31, 2014, at the Scotiabank located in the 2000 block of 33 Avenue S.W.
- At approximately 1:30 p.m., on Friday, Jan. 30, 2015, at the Scotiabank located in the 1900 block of Southland Drive S.W.
Abdulrizak Osman JEYTE, 28, of the Ottawa area, is wanted in connection with these robberies. Investigators believe he may currently be in the Calgary area.
JEYTE is described as black, approximately 5’9”, 130 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He has a tattoo of a scorpion on his chest.
A photo of JEYTE is available on The City of Calgary Newsroom.
Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts is asked to contact the Calgary Police Service Robbery Unit at 403-428-8787 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at:
TEXT: tttTIPS to 274637