Man charged in 13 stolen property offences
A man has been charged in relation to 13 stolen property incidents.
At approximately 3:20 a.m., Friday, Oct. 23, 2015, police were called to 4100 block of 13 Street S.W., for reports of a man slumped at the wheel of a U-Haul truck. Upon arrival, officers discovered the truck had been reported stolen.
The man was arrested without incident. Items belonging to at least 13 stolen property incidents was found within the truck. The property included three pallets of power and hand tools, a mini motor, computer printers and laptops.
Through the combined efforts of the District 1 patrol, the Centralized General Investigative Section and the Break and Enter Detail, Robert Michael MCKAY, 39, has been charged with the following:
- Three counts of break and enter to commit an indictable offence,
- Six counts of break and enter with intent to commit an indictable offence,
- One count of possession of stolen property over $5,000,
- Seven counts of possession of stolen property under $5,000,
- Five counts of theft under $5,000,
- One count of mischief to property,
- One count of identity theft,
- Three counts of theft of motor vehicle, and
- One count of failing to comply with a court order.
MCKAY will next appear in court on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2015.
The investigation is ongoing and further charges are expected to be laid.