Charges laid in multiple bank robberies
The Calgary Police Service Robbery Unit has laid additional charges against one man in relation to bank robberies that occurred throughout the city in July and August 2015.
In each case, a man entered a bank location and presented a robbery note demanding money. He was then given an undisclosed amount of money before fleeing the scene.
On Tuesday, Aug. 11, 2015, following a bank robbery that occurred at the ATB located in the 900 block of 85 Street S.W., James Andrew BOISSE was arrested and charged. The previous media release associated to that incident can be found here.
Upon further investigation, BOISSE has also been charged with an additional seven counts of robbery, occurring on:
- Friday, July 24, 2015, at the CIBC located in the 4600 block of Bow Trail S.W.
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015, at the First Calgary Financial located in the 6500 block of Falconridge Boulevard N.E.
- Friday, July 31, 2015, at the Scotiabank located in the 2200 block of 68 Street N.E.
- Saturday, Aug. 1, 2015 at the Scotiabank located in the 800 block of 85 Street S.W.
- Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2015, at the Scotiabank located in the 800 block of 85 Street S.W.
- Friday, Aug. 7, 2015, at the Scotiabank located in the 5000 block of Falconridge Boulevard N.E.
- Monday, Aug. 10, 2015, at the Scotiabank located in the 300 block of Aspen Glen Landing S.W.
BOISSE will next appear in court, today, Friday, Oct. 9, 2015.