Calgary, AB,
02
January
2015
|
14:05
America/Denver

Early Morning Fire Sends Resident to Hospital

 

 

 

 

Early this morning the Calgary Fire Department responded to the 200 block of 14 avenue .S.W. for an alarm system activation. When crews arrived on scene shortly before 5:00a.m. they were approached by two of the building residents who reported smoke on the second and third floor of the three story apartment building. A quick search revealed a well developed fire in the kitchen area of a suite on the third floor. Fire crews were able to safely evacuate all of the residents and quickly bring the fire under control. Unfortunately a female occupant of the affected suite was transported  by Alberta Health Services to an area hospital due to smoke inhalation. Damage was confined to the suite of origin and Fire investigators are in the preliminary portion of their investigation. No other injuries were reported and traffic should not be impacted during the morning commute.

                                                                                                                 -30-