Carbon Monoxide forces Evacuation of South West Apartment Building
Just prior to 3:00 P.M. this afternoon the Calgary Fire Department responded to the 2000 block of 90 avenue S.W. for reports of elevated levels of Carbon Monoxide in an 17 floor apartment building. Upon arrival crews found readings of 700 parts per million in an elevator shaft and 500 PPM in a common hallway. The decision to evacuate the building was made by on scene Fire Officers and an investigation into cause is ongoing at this time. No injuries have been reported at the time of this release and residents are currently being sheltered by City Transit Buses.