Calgary, AB,
02
October
2014
|
21:03
America/Denver

Calgary Fire Department responds to kitchen fire in N.E.

 

 

 

At approximately 12:15 this afternoon, the Calgary Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire in a duplex at the 6300 block of 24 Avenue N.E. When fire crews arrived, one half of the duplex was full of smoke. Nobody was inside at the time of the fire. Fire crews quickly knocked down the flames, however there was extension to the cabinets and into the attic. A woman and a child as well as a dog were evacuated from the neighbouring duplex. A Calgary Fire Department Fire Investigator is now on scene. It appears that this kitchen fire was accidental in nature and the smoke alarm in the home did function as it was intended. Fire crews heard the smoke alarm upon their arrival at the address. No injuries were reported as a result of this fire. The family will be displaced for some time due to the significant fire damage to the kitchen as well as the smoke damage to the rest of the home.

-30-