Calgary Fire Department responds to apartment fire in Bowness
At approximately 6:00 this evening the Calgary Fire Department was called to the 6200 block of Bowness RD NW for reports of a building fire. Fire crews arrived to find a 3 story apartment building with no visible signs of smoke or fire. Firefighters were immediately approached by a resident of the building claiming that there was smoke on the first floor. Upon investigation, crews found a fire in the bathroom of a main floor suite. As a precaution, the building was evacuated and the fire was quickly extinguished. One resident from the involved suite will be displaced while repairs are completed. All other residents have since returned to their apartments. There were no reports of injury. A fire investigator is on scene. Traffic in the area is unaffected at this time.