Calgary, AB,
24
May
2015
|
03:01
America/Denver

Calgary Fire Department extinguishes kitchen fire in Woodbine

 

 

 

At approximately 5:00 this afternoon the Calgary Fire Department was called to Woodfield Green SW for reports of a building fire.  Arriving firefighters found a 2 story single family residence with light smoke venting from a window at the rear.  A neighbor immediately approached firefighters reporting that the fire was in the kitchen and that he attempted to control it with a fire extinguisher.  Fire crews entered the home and encountering a well established fire in the kitchen. Crews quickly knocked down the fire, while searching the home for occupants. Thankfully, a mother and her 3 children, who were home at the time of the fire, were able to self evacuate prior to the Fire Department’s arrival.  The neighbor was assessed by on-scene medics for possible smoke inhalation but was not transported to hospital. No injuries were reported.  The house suffered moderate damage and it is unlikely that the family we be able to reoccupy the home until repairs have been completed.  Fire investigators are on scene.  At this time there in no estimate of damage.  Traffic in the area is currently unaffected.

-30-