Calgary, AB,
10
February
2015
|
08:46
America/Denver

Calgary Fire Department extinguishes basement fire in Pineridge

 

 

 

Shortly before midnight the Calgary Fire Department was called to the 6700 block of 23 Ave NE for reports of a house fire.  Upon arrival, fire crews encountered smoke and flames venting from the basement window of a 2 story home.  Firefighters entered the home and quickly knocked down the fire.  The home was then searched for occupants. Thankfully, the lone male resident had heard the smoke alarm and safely self evacuated prior to the Fire Departments arrival.  The fire damage was confined to a single room in the basement suite, which was under construction at the time.  The resident will have to find alternative accommodations until the repairs are completed.  No injuries were reported.  Fire investigators are currently on scene.  Traffic in the area in unaffected at this time.

 

The Calgary Fire Department would like to remind you that working smoke alarms save lives, cutting the risk of dying in a home fire in half. Smoke alarms should be installed and maintained in every home.

 

-30-