Calgary Fire Crews evacuate homes in Legacy due to damaged gas line
Shortly after 12:00 today, Calgary fire crews were called to the 100 block of Legacy Close SE for reports of a damaged gas line as a result of excavation. Firefighters evacuated 10 people in the immediate vicinity as a safety precaution. ATCO Gas arrived on scene to turn the gas off and commence repairs. It is estimated that under 100 homes will be without natural gas for several hours while repairs are underway. ATCO Gas employees will be onsite to relight of all gas appliances as required. The 10 evacuees were allowed to re-enter their homes once fire crews determined their homes safe to enter. No injuries were reported as a result of this incident.