South Crowchild Trail to close temporarily for removal of pedestrian bridge deck
Crowchild Trail between 50 Ave. S.W. and Glenmore Trail will be closed to traffic overnight on Sept. 21 from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. to remove the existing pedestrian bridge deck.
The existing bridge needs to be removed to allow crews to widen Crowchild Trail as part of the Glenmore Trail widening and interchange improvements project.
Crews will also be paving the on–and-off ramps of Crowchild Trail between Sept. 21 – 23, 2019.
- Sept. 21, 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.: Crowchild Trail closed between 50 Ave. and Glenmore Trail
- Sept. 22, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Crews will fully close the ramps at the Glenmore Trail/Crowchild Trail interchange to complete paving work
- Westbound Glenmore Trail to southbound Crowchild Trail
- Southbound Crowchild Trail to westbound Glenmore Trail
- Northbound Crowchild Trail to westbound Glenmore Trail
- Sept. 23, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.: the ramp from eastbound Glenmore Trail to northbound and southbound Crowchild Trail will be closed.
Detours will be in place to redirect traffic. Depending on the direction, the detour routes will include 50 Ave. S.W., Mount Royal Gate, Richard Rd. and 37 St. S.W.
This project is one of several City-led projects to connect Calgary's road network to the Southwest Ring Road.
For more details, go to calgary.ca/glenmore-swrr.
- 30 -