Calgary Police Service seeks public assistance in nighttime break and enters
UPDATE: Two suspects in these break and enters have been charged. The Calgary Police Service would like to thank the public and media for thier help in identifying the accused.
The Calgary Police Service District 8 General Investigations Unit is seeking public assistance to identify two people in connection to several nighttime break and enters.
Sometime between 3 a.m., and 4:30 a.m., on Tuesday, July 16, 2019, unknown offenders entered a residence located in the 100 block of Copperfield Gardens S.E., through an open main floor window. Offenders rummaged through the house while residents were sleeping, including in their bedroom, and took various items.
The victim’s credit card was reported to have been used at a nearby convenience store, located in the 11400 block of 24 Street S.E. Police attended and collected CCTV from the store and are seeking public assistance to identify two individuals, a man and a woman, believed to be connected.
The man is described as being approximately 40 years old with a slim build.
The woman is described as being approximately 20 years old with a slim build and blond hair. She has tattoos on her right arm and chest.
Detectives are also investigating an additional nighttime break and enter, believed to be related to the incident in Copperfield:
- Sometime between 3 a.m., and 4 a.m., on Friday, July 19, 2019, four residences located on the 0 to 100 block of Cranberry Place S.E., were broken into through open main floor windows. In the fourth incident, a homeowner was awoken during the break and enter and notified police. Officers attended, however were unable to locate the suspects. Two additional homes on the street were also targeted by the offenders, however break-in attempts were unsuccessful.
Anyone with information about the identity of these individuals or any of these incidents is asked to call police at 403-266-1234. Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers through either of the following methods:
TALK: 1-800-222-8477TYPE: www.calgarycrimestoppers.org
Recent nighttime break and enters are extremely concerning to The Calgary Police Service and police would like to remind citizens to complete their 9 p.m. Routine prior to going to bed to help protect themselves and their property. The 9 p.m. Routine includes:
- Removing valuables from vehicles.
- Ensuring vehicles are locked, windows are closed and if possible, parked in a garage.
- Closing garage doors and windows.
- Locking any person-doors in the garage, including those leading into a house.
- Checking that all house doors – front, back, side, patio and garage – are locked.
- Ensuring all windows are shut.
- Turning on an exterior light.