Seeking public assistance in pharmacy break-ins
The Calgary Police Service is seeking public assistance to identify offender(s) believed to be responsible for 13 different overnight pharmacy break ins in the past two months.
Between Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018, and Monday, March 5, 2018, it is believed that an unknown male targeted 13 different pharmacy locations throughout Calgary. The offender gained entry to the businesses by smashing the glass to the storefront and then proceeding to the pharmacy counter, where he attempted to take cash and narcotics. It is believed that the same male is responsible for all of the offences, and that a second male assisted in a break in on Friday, Feb. 16, 2018 at The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, located in the 2600 block of 36 Street N.E.
The incidents occurred at the:
- Eastside Pharmacy, located in the 3400 block of 17 Avenue S.E.
- Universal Pharmacy, located in the 5200 block of Memorial Drive E.
- Erin Woods Pharmacy, located in the 3700 block of 52 Street S.E.
- Viet Hoa Pharmacy, located in the 1800 block of 48 Street. S.E.
- Pineridge Medical Clinic, located in the 3200 block of 60 Street N.E.
- IDA Pharmacy, located in the 3500 block of 26 Avenue S.E.
- The Medicinne Shoppe Pharmacy, located in the 5400 block of 4 Street N.E.
- Remedy’s Rx, located in the 800 block of Chaparral Drive S.E.
- Rexall Pharmacy, located 3300 block of 17 Avenue S.E.
The offender is described as a Caucasian male with a slim build. He was wearing dark-coloured clothing with a hood or a hat pulled over his face in each incident. He was wearing an Aircast walking boot on his right leg at the end of February, however is no longer wearing it. A vehicle, possibly a silver Ford Focus, was also used in multiple offences.
Anyone with information about these incidents or the identity of the males involved is asked to call police at 403-266-1234. Tips can also be left anonymously by contacting Crime Stoppers through either of the following methods: