Police investigate shooting in Temple
The Calgary Police Service is investigating a shooting in the northeast community of Temple.
At approximately 6:30 p.m., on Tuesday, April 9, 2019, police were called to the 6700 block of 43 Avenue N.E., for reports of shots fired. Upon arrival, police found a victim suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. One man was transported to hospital in life-threatening condition.
At approximately 7 p.m., on the same day, police located a vehicle matching the description of the suspect vehicle and two people were taken into custody. One person has since been released without charges.
It is believed the victim and the suspect were known to each other.
Travis Neil FAVEL, 40, has been charged with multiple offences including:
- attempted murder
- careless use of a firearm
- two counts of possession of an imitation weapon for a dangerous purpose
- two counts of possession of a firearm without a licence
- two counts of unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon
- possession of outside stolen property over $5,000
- three counts of possession of a weapon contrary to prohibition order
- driving while disqualified
- use of a firearm during an attempt to commit an offence
- failure to comply or breach of probation order
- driving an uninsured motor vehicle on a highway
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Calgary Police Service non-emergency line at 403-266-1234, or Crime Stoppers anonymously through the following methods: