One man charged in relation to convenience store incident
The Calgary Police Service has charged one man in relation to events that led to an officer-involved shooting on Friday, Sept. 29, 2017.
At approximately 8:10 p.m., police were called to a convenience store in the 4600 block of 37 Street S.W., for reports that a man inside was acting erratically and had produced a knife. Staff and other people inside the store believed they were in danger and called 9-1-1.
Officers contained the building, but the situation escalated and an officer fired his Service firearm at the man.
Tristen Joseph WADE, 23, of Calgary, is charged with:
- One count of arson endangering life
- One count of possession of a weapon
- One count of assault with a weapon
- One count of theft under $5,000
- One count of breach of recognizance
- Two counts of assault of a police officer with a weapon
No further details will be provided by CPS at this time to respect the ongoing investigation by the Alberta Serious Incident Response Team (ASIRT), with which we are fully cooperating.