Man arrested in relation to fatal collision
The Calgary Police Service Traffic Section has located a man wanted on warrants in relation to a fatal collision.
At approximately 3 a.m., on Saturday, July 2, 2016, a blue 2012 Ford Fusion was traveling eastbound on Memorial Drive at a high rate of speed. The vehicle struck a raised centre median on 5A Street N.W., rolling over on the driver’s side and then onto its roof. The vehicle slid across both eastbound lanes of Memorial Drive, off the road onto the grass shoulder, across a paved pathway, coming to rest when it wrapped around a large tree.
The front seat passenger of the vehicle, a 30-year-old woman, was pronounced deceased at the scene. The rear passenger, a 32-year-old woman, was transported to the hospital with critical, life-threatening injuries. She remains in hospital.
Dale Cameron NEISZ, 38, is charged with:
- Criminal Negligence Causing Death
- Criminal Negligence Causing Bodily Harm
- Impaired Driving Causing Death
- Impaired Driving Causing Bodily Harm
- Operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol level exceeding 80mg% (.08), causing death
- Operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol level exceeding 81mg% (.08), causing injury
Excessive speed and alcohol were deemed to be factors in this collision.
His next court appearance has been set for Friday, Sept. 2, 2016.
CASE # 16285375