Expanded online reporting capabilities
We have increased online reporting capabilities to ensure you are able to get the services you need while practicing safe distancing measures.
Previous filters have been removed that prevented online reporting of incidents where there was a suspect, CCTV or forensic evidence. We have also expanded our categories to include the following:
- Theft from vehicle (carprowling) – no limit on value of property
- Theft of property– no limit on value of property
- Theft of credit or debit card – when that is the only item missing
- Mischief to vehicle – such as vandalism, unless there is evidence of a collision such as paint transfer
- Mischief to property – such as vandalism
- Lost property – with the exception of government-issued ID such as passports. Please call your local district office to report lost government issued documents.
- Attempted stolen vehicle – regardless of damage value
- Break & enter into unlocked premise other than residential – this includes sheds, parking garages, storage lockers, detached garages, etc. Residential and commercial break and enters should be reported to 403-266-1234.
- Theft from a parkade or vehicle parked in a parkade – only if no forced entry, otherwise call 403-266-1234.
- Theft of mail – including deliveries from postal services such as UPS.
- Stolen property for sale online – such as on Kijiji, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.
Online reports can be made by going to CalgaryPolice.ca and clicking on Report a Crime.
For all other property-related offences, such as non-injury collisions, please call your local district office. Officers are available to answer questions and take some reports over the phone.
Call 9-1-1 for crimes in progress, or 403-266-1234 for late reporting of crimes involving violence against people, this includes all forms of abuse, robberies and break and enters in residences.
Officers are available to answer general questions through our social media platforms @CalgaryPolice on Twitter, and Facebook.com/CalgaryPolice.