Collectors’ items recovered during drugs and stolen property investigation
The Calgary Police Service District Operations Team has completed an investigation in which a man was believed to be receiving stolen property in exchange for drugs.
Over the course of nine days, investigators observed the suspect conduct various drug transactions and stolen property transactions near his home in the 1800 block of 34 Avenue S.W.
On Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018, the suspect was arrested by the Tactical Unit.
A search warrant of his property recovered the following items:
- Drugs including cocaine, methamphetamine, fentanyl and cannabis, with a street value of approximately $22,984
- Drug paraphernalia including scales and baggies
- Counterfeit U.S. currency
- Various stolen property including two mountain bikes
- Weapons which included knives, swords and five firearms including three handguns, a rifle and a shotgun, two of which were stolen
Investigators would like to identify the owners of a number of collector’s items that were found in the residence, including:
- An autographed and framed Gordie Howe jersey
- An autographed Tragically Hip picture
- An autographed Sass Jordan electric guitar
- Vintage comic books
- Hockey and trading cards
- Antique watches
If anyone has had these items stolen they are asked to call the Calgary Police Service non-emergency line at 403-266-1234 and reference case #18090209.
John Christopher FRASER, 43, of Calgary, has been charged with a total of 37 criminal code offences including:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
- Proceeds of crime
- Possession of stolen property under $5,000
- Possession of counterfeit money
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Unlawfully possess weapon dangerous to the public
- Possess firearm without a licence
- Unlawfully possess restricted firearm
- Unlawfully possess firearm knowing it is obtained by a commission of an offence
- Breach of a firearms prohibition order
- Breach of a recognizance
The investigation is ongoing and additional charges are anticipated.
CASE # 18090209/4977