City of Calgary recruiting new members for Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City of Calgary is looking for diverse citizens to fill positions on 20 Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCCs). These members will provide City Council with perspective and recommendations on important civic issues. Applications are being accepted until Friday, Sept. 11, 2020.
Membership requirements vary depending on the Board, Commission or Committee, however, The City of Calgary is looking for residents of Calgary, who are at least 18 years of age:
- With a desire to give back to the community,
- With specific expertise relevant to the qualifications a specific Board, Commission or Committee may be looking for
- Who support inclusiveness and demonstrate ability to integrate multiple perspectives into their work, and
- With time available to commit to membership.
Vacancies exist on the following BCCs:
- Advisory Committee on Accessibility
- Anti-Racism Action Committee
- Assessment Review Board
- Audit Committee
- BiodiverCity Advisory Committee
- Calgary Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee
- Calgary Airport Authority
- Calgary Parking Committee
- Calgary Planning Commission
- Calgary Police Commission
- Calgary Technologies Inc. (Platform Calgary)
- Calgary Transit Access Eligibility Appeal Board
- Calgary Transit Public Safety Citizen Oversight Committee
- Combative Sports Commission
- Friends of HMCS Calgary Committee
- Licence and Community Standards Appeal Board
- Saddledome Foundation
- Social Wellbeing Advisory Committee
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Urban Design Review Panel
More information on the Board, Commission or Committee mandates, eligibility requirements, length of term, and time commitments can be found by visiting calgary.ca/boards.
To apply for a position visit calgary.ca/boards to fill out an online application form. The deadline to submit an application is Friday, Sept. 11, 2020.