Calgary road closures - January 11, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – January 11, 2016
NEW: The right lane of southbound 36 Street N.E. is closed at 25 Avenue N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, January 12. This closure continues during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, January 12 and accommodates utility work.
NEW: The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Tuesday, January 12 and Thursday, January 14. This closure accommodates construction.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday, January 4. This closure continues during these hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. is closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been permanently removed.
NEW: The centre lanes of eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.W. are closed east of Rocky Ridge Road N.W. and the speed limit is reduced to 50 km/hr. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Tuesday, January 12. This closure accommodates intersection work.
NEW: The left lane of eastbound and westbound 112 Avenue N.W. is closed at Royal Vista Link N.W. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Tuesday, January 12. This closure accommodates utility work.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
9 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 3 and 4 Street S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily from Monday, January 11 until Friday, January 15 due to construction.
71 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane at 5 Street S.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday, January 11 and Tuesday, January 12. Flagmen personnel will be on hand to direct traffic through the area. This closure accommodates water services work.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
NEW: Eastbound and westbound Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail, will have various single lanes closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily starting Tuesday, January 12 until Friday, January 15 for work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange construction. Flagman personnel will also be on site to stop traffic periodically, when overhead span wire needs to be moved across open traffic lanes.
NEW: The two right lanes of 5 Avenue S.W. is closed at Centre Street S daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, January 12. During the closure, there will be no right turn allowed onto Centre Street S from 5 Avenue S.W. and the right lane of southbound Centre Street S will also be closed at 5 Avenue S.W. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 14. This closure accommodates utility work.
The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of 2 Street S.W. between 6 Avenue S.W. and 7 Avenue S.W. is closed daily between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. beginning on Friday, January 8. This closure continues daily until 6 p.m. on Tuesday, January 12 and accommodates construction.
The two right lanes of 5 Avenue S.W. are closed between 1 Street and 2 Street S.W. from 11 p.m. on Monday, January 11 and 5 a.m. on Tuesday, January 12. This closure accommodates utility work.
5 Street S.W. is reduced to narrow southbound lanes between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 5 for approximately six weeks. During this closure the cycle track will also be closed along this stretch. Cyclists are asked to practice patience, follow signage, ride courteously and cooperate with pedestrians on the east sidewalk during this closure. Alternate routes are recommended, this closure accommodates utility installation.
13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become one-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- Single left lane closures on northbound and southbound Crowchild Trail at Flanders Avenue S.W. with a speed reduction to 50 km/hr. daily beginning in early January. This closure will continue daily during these hours until late February.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.