Two women arrested, guns seized from northeast residence
Four rifles, a sawed-off shotgun and three replica handguns were recovered following the execution of a search warrant last week.
Between Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019, and Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019, the Calgary Police Service Strategic Enforcement Unit conducted an investigation into the suspected trafficking of fentanyl and methamphetamine. A search warrant was executed on Nov. 7, in the 200 block of Templeview Way N.E., leading to the seizure of:
- 15 grams of methamphetamine
- 8.1 grams of powdered cocaine
- 3.8 grams of an unknown powder
- $1,000 cash
- M4 .223 caliber rifle with loaded prohibited high-capacity magazine
- SKS rifle with loaded prohibited high-capacity magazine
- Winchester 94a .357 caliber lever-action rifle
- Ruger model 10-22 .22 caliber rifle
- Sawed-off pistol grip Remington 12-guage shotgun with boxes of ammunition
- Three replica handguns hidden in various places throughout the house
- Hundreds of rounds of various ammunition
- Scales, documents, score sheets and drug paraphernalia
- 41 pieces of various identification (driver’s licenses, SIN cards, Alberta Health cards)
Four people were arrested during the execution of the search warrant. Two were released without charge.
Carrie Anne Marie EDGAR, 34, of Calgary, has been charged with 16 weapon and drug-related offences.
Olympia MEDICINE TRAVELLER, 24, was arrested on an outstanding Canada-wide parole warrant.
“These are serious weapons that could cause serious harm in our communities, and to our officers. Drug trafficking and violence go hand in hand. If you know anyone who may be involved in the trafficking of narcotics, call our tip line and help protect our communities,” says Staff Sgt. Kyle Grant, of the Strategic Enforcement Unit.
Anyone with information about drugs or firearms offences is asked to call police at 403-266-1234. Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers through any of the following methods:
APP: "P3 Tips" app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.