Two charged after drug trafficking and stolen vehicle investigation
We have laid more than 40 charges against two people after stolen vehicles, firearms, identity theft documents and more than $200,000 worth of drugs were seized from properties in northeast Calgary and Rocky View County.
On Thursday, Dec. 15, 2022, as part of a month-long investigation into drug trafficking and vehicle cloning, we executed a search warrant in the 100 block of Covington Close N.E. As a result, the following items were seized:
- A stolen and re-vinned 2014 Lotus Evora, worth approximately $110,000
- RCMP body armour
- Personal use amounts of psilocybin, cocaine and methamphetamine
- Approximately three kilograms of unknown tablets
- Identity theft documents
On Saturday, Dec. 17, 2022, we executed a second warrant in the 0 to 100 block of Woodland Estates Drive in Rocky View County. As a result of this search warrant, the following items were located and seized:
- Prohibited pistol and rifle magazines
- Approximately one kilogram of fentanyl, valued at $100,000
- Approximately 1.5 litres of GHB, valued at $2,000
- 700 grams of methamphetamine
- Approximately four kilograms of unknown tablets
- Four stolen vehicles, including a 2022 Jeep Wrangler, a 2019 Lincoln Navigator, a 2019 Ram Rebel and a 2008 Cadillac SRX
- Four assault rifles
- Approximately $12,000 in Canadian currency
- Re-vinning and re-keying equipment
- Personal, company and financial information for hundreds of individuals and businesses
- Fraudulent identification and vehicle documents
- ID card printers and embossers
- Re-vinning tools
On Saturday, Dec. 31, 2022, we executed a third warrant in the 0 to 100 block of Country Village Landing N.E., where 10 kilograms of unknown tablets and evidence of drug manufacturing were located and seized.
At this stage of the investigation two individuals have been charged:
- Clint PARMETER, 44, is charged with 32 offences, including three counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking, three counts of possession of a controlled substance, five counts of possession of stolen property over $5,000, one count of possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5,000, four counts of possession of an unlicensed weapon, five counts of careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition, three counts of possession of a weapon obtained by crime, four counts of possession of a weapon contrary to a prohibition order, and other charges. He will next appear in court on Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2023.
- Kendall PYNE, 42, is charged with 13 offences, including two counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking, three counts of possession of a controlled substance, three counts of possession of stolen property over $5000, four counts of possession of an unlicensed firearm, and possession of proceeds of crime. She will next appear in court on Monday, Jan. 16, 2023.
As we continue to process exhibits seized from the search warrants, we have recovered identity information belonging to more than 700 individuals, 48 businesses, and 100 vehicles. Additional charges are pending against those involved.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact police by calling 403-266-1234. Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers through any of the following methods:
APP: P3 Tips