The City of Calgary operations during the Canada Post strike

Calgary, AB –The City of Calgary has made arrangements to assist Calgarians and ensure the continuity of customer service and business operations during the disruption in postal service.

The City is working with an external courier service and will maintain deliveries of critical material to citizens and businesses.

“We’re committed to ensuring Calgarians continue to receive the same level of service they are used to from The City of Calgary during the mail service disruption,” said Ian Lofthouse, Manager, Information Technology.

Citizens, businesses, and contractors can access and pay for most City services online that do not require subsequent mailing or products. Business services include registering a business or applying for business licences and related permits, which can be done on Citizen services include paying a parking tickets, requesting a TIPP application, booking a tee time, or renewing a pet licence. A full list of available services can be found at Citizens can also apply and pay for home improvement project permits on

Payments to The City for utility bills (ENMAX, Water Services, and Waste & Recycling Services), animal licences, property and business taxes, and corporate invoices can be made at most banks and financial institutions in person, through the bank’s online or telephone banking systems, or online at for ENMAX bills, depending on method of payment.

Payments can also be made at The City of Calgary Municipal Building, 800 Macleod Tr. S.E. in the following ways:

  • In person, at The City’s cashier on the third floor from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (cash, cheque or Interac only).
  • Dropped off at The City’s “drop box” on the third floor, available 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays.
  • Placed in the 24-hour payment depository in the outside wall of the Municipal Building on 3 Street S.E.
  • Delivered by courier – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, at the Tax Customer Service Centre, third floor, Calgary Municipal Building only.

Parking violations can be paid on (for an additional charge) or at the Calgary Parking Authority main office.

Animal licence payments can also be made over the phone by calling 311.

Seniors bus passes can be purchased in person at the Centre Street Platform and Bow Parkade CT Customer Service Centres, City Hall Cashiers and Village Square Leisure Centre (Low income seniors bus pass only).

Transit passes and tickets can be purchased in person at Customer Service Centres, City Hall Cashiers and convenience and grocery stores.

Low income bus passes can be purchased at the Centre Street Platform and Bow Parkade CT Customer Service Centres, City Hall Cashiers, Village Square Leisure Centre and Southland Leisure Centre.

The City of Calgary will not waive penalties if a disruption in postal service delays property tax payments. To avoid a seven per cent late payment penalty, it is strongly recommended citizens use another method of payment. Visit Property tax payment page for more information.

Please visit for information updates related to City services.