2021 Municipal Election Candidate Information Session – Voting Procedures
The City of Calgary is holding two online information sessions for candidates and scrutineers on voting procedures. The online sessions will be hosted on Microsoft Teams and a computer or mobile device is required to join the presentation.
Please register to join us on Sept. 7 from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. or Sept. 8 from 5-6:30 p.m.
Both sessions will present the same information; a copy of the presentation will be posted online later.
Important municipal election dates:
Monday, Sept. 20, 2021 - Nomination day
- Last day to file nomination papers. Complete nomination papers must be received by 12 p.m. (noon).
- Nominations are filed at Elections Calgary office only, located at 2340 22nd St. N.E.
- Any nomination papers and deposits submitted by mail or left in the secure drop box at the City of Calgary Municipal Complex must be received by Elections Calgary by 12 p.m. (noon) on Sept. 20.
- On Sept. 20, DO NOT submit nomination forms by mail or leave in secure drop box at City of Calgary Municipal Complex.
- Any acclamations will be announced.
Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021 - Deadline for candidates to withdraw nominations
- Deadline is 12 p.m. (noon).
- Notice to withdraw must be in writing, by submitting the Statement of Withdrawal by Candidate Form.
Advance Vote – Oct. 4-10, 2021
Election Day – Monday, Oct. 18, 2021
More information is available at Elections Calgary.