Nominate a deserving individual, organization or business for a Calgary Award
The City of Calgary invites Calgarians to recognize fellow citizens and local organizations for outstanding contributions in making Calgary a vibrant, progressive and compassionate city by nominating them for a Calgary Award.
With 13 awards in five categories, The City proudly celebrates Calgarians that help make Calgary a better place to live. The nomination deadline is February 28, 2018. The categories are:
- The Community Achievement Awards - recognizing outstanding contributions and achievements in community life including arts, commerce, education, heritage and youth. This category includes the Grant MacEwan Lifetime Achievement Award, Citizen of the Year and Community Advocate for both an individual and organization.
- The Environmental Achievement Award - recognizes environmental achievement contributions that reduce the impact on and/or restore our city’s natural environment.
- The Signature Award - recognizes activities that have gained international acclaim and have brought significant recognition to Calgary.
- The Award for Accessibility - awarded to an organization for a building or facility that exceeds the minimum requirements of Section 3.8 “Barrier-Free Design” of the Alberta Building Code for accessibility by persons with disabilities.
- The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize - named in honour of Calgary writer W. O. Mitchell, the award recognizes literary achievements by Calgary authors. NOTE: the submission deadline for the book prize closed on December 31, 2017.
Here’s your chance to recognize someone in your community whose efforts really stand out. For additional information, nomination criteria and the nomination form, go to calgary.ca/calgaryawards. The nomination deadline is Wednesday, February 28, 2018.