Charges in Bank Robberies
The Calgary Police Service Robbery Unit has charged a man in relation to a series of bank robberies dating back to 2010.
In each of the robberies, a man entered the bank, presented a note which indicated he was armed and threatened harm if his demand for money was not met.
The robberies occurred:
- Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at the CIBC located at 100 block of Stewart Green S.W.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at the RBC located in the 3800 block of Bow Trail S.W.
- Friday, May 24, 2013, at the CIBC located in the 4600 block of Bow Trail S.W.
- Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012, at the Scotiabank located in the 4900 block of Richmond Road S.W.
- Monday, July 5, 2010, at the Scotiabank located in the 5100 block of Country Hills Blvd. N.W.
On Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, Abdulfatha Omar Jabril DARARA, 35, of Calgary, was arrested without incident and charged with five counts of bank robbery.
DARARA has been remanded into custody pending his next court date on Monday, Nov. 25, 2013.