Municipal Complex will reopen to the public on Monday
Counter services move temporarily to Central Library and Whitehorn Multi-Services Centre
CALGARY - The Municipal Complex will reopen to the public on Monday, Aug. 8 following a temporary closure due to a break-in and small fires that triggered the sprinkler system early Tuesday.
The service counters at the Municipal Complex will remain closed indefinitely due to water damage. The City is working to assess the extent of the damage and determine the repair cost estimates and timeline.
The impacted services have been relocated temporarily to the Central Library and Whitehorn Multi-Services Centre effective Thursday, Aug. 4 until repairs are completed. Fair Entry, Cashiers and Taxation Services will be open on the third floor of the Central Library, 800 3 St. S.E. Planning and Development has set up temporary services at Whitehorn Multi-Services Centre, 3705 35 St. N.E.
“We appreciate the patience of Calgarians affected by this serious incident. City staff have worked hard to make alternate services available quickly,” said Carla Male, Acting City Manager.
“A lot of work has been done to remove the water, restore power and ensure the Municipal Complex is safe for citizens and employees. Our priority now is to prepare the building for reopening on Monday and repair the damage so we can resume regular service as soon as possible.”
The Calgary Planning Commission meeting will be held at 1 p.m. on Thursday but has been moved to the Engineering Traditions Committee Room on the first floor of Historic City Hall. Other changes are listed below.
· A temporary Fair Entry counter will be located on the third floor of the Central Library, 800 3 St. S.E. effective Thursday. Services will be available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
· Citizens can still apply for Fair Entry online or in person at the Village Square Leisure Centre location where there will be extended hours.
Low Income and Low Income Seniors’ Transit Passes
Once approved by Fair Entry, citizens can purchase their pass in the following ways:
· Low Income and Low Income Seniors’ Passes will be available at a temporary counter location on the third floor of the Central Library beginning Thursday, August 4.
· Online at calgarytransit.com/Shop beginning the 6th of each month for the following month.
· Get your pass mailed to you or use it on your smart phone. Visit calgarytransit.com/MyFarePasses for details.
· In person, beginning the 15th of each month, by showing your photo ID at the Centre Street and Bow Valley Parkade locations, and at the Village Square Leisure Centre.
· Cashier services will also be moved to the third floor of the Central Library effective Thursday.
· Services will be available from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
· The Taxation Service Desk will be moved to the third floor of the Central Library effective Thursday. The service will be available 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
· For online property tax information, including payment options, visit calgary.ca/propertytax.
Planning and Development Counter
· The Planning and Development Counter will move to the main floor of the Whitehorn Multi-Services Centre at 3705, 35 St. N.E. effective Thursday.
· Services will be available 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday to Friday. Onsite parking is available. Enter through the side door.
· Applicants can continue to apply for business licences and permits online at apply.calgary.ca. If you have questions about an existing application, please contact Planning Services. Our online chat and call centre remain open during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
The City thanks Calgarians for their patience and apologizes for any inconvenience.