More than $100,000 in stolen property recovered
More than $100,000 in stolen tools, bikes and vehicles intended to be sold and traded for money and drugs have been recovered during a short-term operation in the city’s northeast.
On Friday, April 22, 2016, the District 5 Operations Team conducted surveillance on an address believed to be housing a large quantity of stolen property that was obtained during break-ins and thefts in the Calgary area.
Inside the home in the 100 block of Falshire Drive N.E., was approximately $90,000 in stolen power tools, bicycles totaling $15,000, and another $10,000 in stolen household items.
The items seized included:
- 2007 Kawasaki KX250 dirt bike
- 2009 Yamaha YW50 scooter
- 2003 Polaris RMK700 snowmobile
- 2004 Ford Explorer
- 1997 Porsche Boxster
- 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6 motorcycle
- 14.6 grams of methamphetamine worth $1,460
- 57.4 grams of heroin worth $14,350
- Approximately $90,000 in stolen tools
- Approximately $15,000 in stolen bicycles
- Approximately $10,000 in various other stolen property and household items
Daniel SOHN, 39, of Calgary is charged with possession of heroin and crystal methamphetamine.
Lucas Ryan DREW, 38, of Calgary, faces a number of drug and stolen property-related offences.
Investigators are now working to return as much of the stolen property as possible to its rightful owners. Officers will also work with the Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods (SCAN) unit to have the property shuttered.