Man charged in series of northwest break and enters
We have charged a man in relation to a series of break and enters that occurred in the northwest communities of Edgemont and Varsity between September 2022 and January 2023.
It is believed that in three separate sprees, the suspect targeted residences while the victims were away, using break and enter instruments to gain access to the homes and disable alarm systems. While inside some of the homes, the suspect stole clothing, jewelry and various other high-value items.
Residences in the following areas were targeted:
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2022 - the 200 block of Varsity Estates Grove N.W.
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2022 – the 1200 block of Varsity Estates Drive N.W.
- Sometime between Dec. 25, 2022, and Jan. 1, 2023 - the 0 to 100 block of Edgevalley Way N.W.
- Thursday, Jan. 5, 2023 - the 0 to 100 block of Edelweiss Drive N.W.
- Thursday, Jan. 5, 2023 - the 0 to 100 block of Edforth Road N.W.
Following an extensive investigation, we have charged Brent Roman KUZMA, 37, of Calgary, with:
- three counts of break and enter and commitment of an offence
- one count of possession of stolen property
- one count of possession of break and enter instruments
KUZMA is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, March 13, 2023.
While much of the stolen property has been returned to the victims, we are looking for the owners of additional recovered items that are also believed to be stolen. Among the items police are looking to return are memorial coins and various pieces of jewelry, including pins, lockets, rings and necklaces.
Anyone who believes they are the rightful owner of the property, or anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact police by calling 403-266-1234. Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers through any of the following methods:
APP: P3 Tips
Case # CA23008001/ CA23001182/ CA23006904/ CA22386529/ CA22386569/ 5226