Man charged in Coral Springs shooting
UPDATE: Man charged in Coral Springs shooting
The name of a man charged in a December shooting can now be released.
Abdul AMER, 19, is charged with:
- two counts of discharging a firearm with intent to endager life
- multiple additional firearms charges
- mischief to property over $5,000
- possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking
- possession of proceeds of crime
- dangerous driving, and
- failing to comply with an order under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
He will appear in court today, Friday, Jan. 29, 2016.
Original release below.
A man has been arrested and charged in relation to a December shooting.
At approximately 9:50 p.m., on Sunday, Dec. 13, 2015, two men were sitting in their vehicle in the 0-100 block of Coral Springs Close N.E., when a silver Dodge Caravan came into the area and stopped near the victims. A man exited the van and fired four rounds into the victim’s vehicle before fleeing the scene.
Two other rounds were discovered to have gone into two nearby homes as a result of the shooting. No injuries were reported.
As a result of the investigation by the Calgary Police Service Guns and Gangs Unit, a 19-year-old man from Calgary, is facing multiple weapons-related charges. His name will be released once charges have been formally laid and he has seen a Justice of the Peace.
The investigation is continuing and further charges may be laid.