City Services: Family Day 2018
We’re adjusting our hours of operation for Family Day on Monday, February 19, 2018.
On Family Day, Monday, February 19, Calgary Transit will provide a Sunday level of service. You can check the schedules page to find out when your bus is running. For more information on fares, schedules and service changes visit calgarytransit.com, subscribe to our email alerts or follow us on Twitter @calgarytransit.
All on-street parking is free and holiday rates will be in effect at select Calgary Parking Authority parkades and surface lots. Regular rates will be in effect at the Calgary Zoo, TELUS Spark and Heritage Park.
Staying active this winter
- Shouldice Arena
- Rose Kohn/Jimmie Condon Arena
- Stu Peppard
- Stew Hendry/Henry Viney Arena
- Ernie Starr Arena
- Murray Copot Arena
- Optimist/George Blundun Arena
- Murray Copot Arena
Tobogganing and sledding
Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
Make a splash with your family at a free public swim from 1-2:30 and 3-4:30 p.m. on holiday Monday at the following City facilities:
- Bob Bahan Aquatic & Fitness Centre
- Canyon Meadows Aquatic & Fitness Centre
- Inglewood Aquatic Centre Killarney Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Killarney Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Shouldice Aquatic Centre
- Thornhill Aquatic & Recreation Centre
In the community
- Celebrate Chinese New Year at the Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre's 2018 Chinese Lunar New Year Festival, The Core's Chinese New Year Celebration or participate in various events across the city.
- Bow Habitat Station is hosting a Family FISHtival where families are invited to roast a marshmallow, trek through the park on snowshoes, practice their fish identification skills, tie a fly and so much more.
- Heritage Park’s Family Quest is back at Gasoline Alley Museum for a Family Day weekend filled with travel-themed fun and adventure, Interactive displays and challenging games and activities.
- Studio Bell is hosting a day of family fun on February 19, featuring scratch DJ extraordinaire Kid Koala performing a ‘Music to Draw To’ set, along with so much more.
- Fort Calgary is hosting Winterfest with family-friendly activities including stories told by a Blackfoot knowledge keeper, a showing of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, games and crafts and Mountie Uniform Try-On Session with the RCMP Vets. Cost for the event is admission to the museum.
- Eau Claire Market will have live entertainment, a petting zoo, crafts, carnival games and special guests PJMASKS on February 19 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Check out different community event listings for more events happening in and around our city over the Family Day weekend.
Around the house
Spyhill and East Calgary lanfdfills are open Monday to Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., including Family Day on February 19. Updated landfill hours and locations are available on Calgary.ca/landfill.
The following facilities will be closed on Monday, February 19, 2018:
- All City of Calgary Administrative buildings including City Hall
- Wildflower Arts Centre and North Mount Pleasant Arts Centre
- The Nature Centre at Inglewood Bird Sanctuary
- The Animal Services Centre
- Acadia Aquatic & Fitness Centre
- Beltline Aquatic & Fitness Centre
- Foothills Aquatic Centre
- Glenmore Aquatic Centre
- Renfrew Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Sir Winston Churchill Aquatic & Recreation Centre