City of Calgary is recruiting new members for boards, commissions and committees
We are looking for diverse Calgarians to volunteer for positions on 22 different Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCCs). BCCs provide City Council with perspective, input, and recommendations on civic issues, including urban design, planning, climate, social wellbeing, and others. They also play an integral role in bringing together citizens and The City to achieve the common goal of strengthening the community.
Membership requirements vary depending on the BCC; however, we are looking for residents of Calgary who are at least 18 years of age:
· With a desire to give back to the community,
· With a specific expertise relevant to the qualifications a specific BCC may be looking for,
· Are Indigenous or under-represented, and
· With time available to commit to membership.
Vacancies exist on the following BCCs:
· Advisory Committee on Accessibility
· Anti-Racism Action Committee
· Assessment Review Board
· Audit Committee
· Beltline Community Investment Fund Committee
· BiodiverCity Advisory Committee
· Calgary Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee
· Calgary Airport Authority
· Calgary General Hospital Legacy Fund Review Committee
· Calgary Planning Commission
· Calgary Police Commission
· Calgary Salutes Committee
· Calgary Transit Access Eligibility Appeal Board
· Climate Advisory Committee
· Community Peace Officer Oversight Committee
· Licence and Community Standards Appeal Board
· Platform Calgary
· Saddledome Foundation
· Social Wellbeing Advisory Committee
· Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
· Urban Design Review Panel
· Ward Boundary Commission
More information on the Board, Commission or Committee mandates, eligibility requirements, length of term, and time commitments can be found by visiting calgary.ca/boards.
To apply for a position visit calgary.ca/boards to fill out an online application form. The deadline to apply is Thursday, Sept. 7 at 4 p.m.