City Council looking to fill 155 vacancies on Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City of Calgary is looking for civic-minded Calgarians to fill 155 vacancies on 21 Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCCs).
The recruitment campaign runs Friday, Aug. 12 to Monday, Sept. 12.
BCCs provide City Council with perspective, input, and recommendations on a wide range of civic issues, including urban design, planning, climate, social wellbeing, and more.
Mandates, eligibility requirements, length of term, and time commitment for each BCC can be found at calgary.ca/boards.
Applicants must live in Calgary and be at least 18 years of age, and:
· have a desire to give back to the community,
· demonstrate the ability to integrate multiple perspectives into their work,
· have time available to commit to membership.
“We are looking for Calgarians with varied interests, backgrounds and expertise to join Boards, Commissions and Committees,” said City Clerk Kate Martin. “BCCs offer citizens a great way to participate in the decision-making process, to make a difference in their community and to be involved in local government.”
Vacancies exist on the following BCCs:
1. Advisory Committee on Accessibility
2. Anti-Racism Action Committee
3. Assessment Review Board
4. Audit Committee
5. Beltline Community Investment Fund Committee
6. BiodiverCity Advisory Committee
7. Calgary Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee
8. Calgary Airport Authority
9. Calgary Planning Commission
10. Calgary Police Commission
11. Calgary Technologies Inc. (Platform Calgary)
12. Calgary Transit Access Eligibility Appeal Board
13. Calgary Transit Public Safety Citizen Oversight Committee
14. Climate Advisory Committee
15. Combative Sports Commission
16. Friends of HMCS Calgary Committee
17. Licence and Community Standards Appeal Board
18. Saddledome Foundation
19. Social Wellbeing Advisory Committee
20. Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
21. Urban Design Review Panel
The City is committed to a respectful, inclusive, and equitable workplace that is representative of the community, and values individuals who bring diverse experience, skills, and opinions to services.
Final deadline to submit an application is 4 p.m. on Sept. 12, 2022. Council will select citizen members to serve on BCCs at its organizational meeting on Oct. 25, 2022.