Celebrate Seniors’ Week with free events and activities
Calgary is celebrating Seniors' Week June 2 to 8, acknowledging the many contributions seniors make to our communities. Across Calgary, there will be various events including social gatherings, drop-in fitness classes, cultural celebrations and presentations.
Seniors’ Week is chance to acknowledge the difference seniors make in the lives of Calgarians every day. From supporting family members and friends to assisting charities and volunteering, seniors are deeply involved in our communities and their contributions benefit Calgarians of all ages.
On Monday, June 3, The City will be hosting a Seniors' Week Resource Fair focusing on the theme of "changing perceptions of aging". The fair will be in the Municipal Building Atrium from 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Calgarians will be able to learn about seniors’ resources and see some of the great initiatives happening in our community.
Senior’s Week is an initiative of the Government of Alberta to celebrate the contributions of seniors in our communities.
Participating Seniors’ Week partners include Calgary Recreation, the Glenbow Museum, Studio Bell National Music Centre, Calgary Zoo, Telus Spark, Fort Calgary and the Kerby Centre.
Here is a highlight of some of the events that will take place:
• Glenbow Museum free admission for seniors 65+ on June 4
• 20% off admission to Calgary Zoo for seniors 65+
• Telus Spark free admission for seniors 65+
• Studio Bell free admission for seniors 65+ on June 3 and 4
• Calgary Recreation will be hosting a number of free fitness classes
• Expressive Art Workshop at the Kerby Centre
• Fort Calgary free admission for seniors 65+
For a complete list of activities taking place during Seniors’ Week, visit calgary.ca/seniorsweek.