Calgary Transit launches new official trip planning app
Beginning June 28, Calgary Transit customers will have a new official app to help plan their transit trips. After a competitive RFP process earlier this year, Transit was selected as the app provider for our next generation mobility-as-a-service trip planning app.
Transit will be familiar to customers as it is the same app provider that we currently use for our existing YYC Transit App. The new app will be very similar, and customers in Calgary, including the thousands of Calgarians already using the Transit app, will now automatically be upgraded to Royale, Transit’s subscription service. It will include all the features customers currently enjoy on the YYC Transit App, plus these additional features:
Transit Royale, providing in-app customizations and allowing customers to gamify their transit experience and compare their transit use with friends;
- real-time, multi-modal trip planning that includes micromobilty (scooter/bike) options;
- ability to locate and plan trips using Neuron and Bird shared e-scooters/e-bikes;
- ability to locate and reserve carshare vehicles;
- crowd-sourced data relating to the customer experience, such as even more accurate arrival times, transit stop accessibility and passenger mask use;
- machine-learning to improve the customer journey and provide even more precise real-time arrival data; and
- full access to the app in more than 300 cities worldwide, including Edmonton, Vancouver, Saskatoon, Toronto, and Montreal.
Transit can be downloaded now at www.transitapp.com/download, in the App Store, or in Google Play. Customers will start receiving the upgrade to Transit Royale on June 28, in time for Calgary Stampede. Our previous app, YYC Transit, will no longer be available for download after June 28. Customers who have already downloaded our previous app can still use it as we transition to Transit.