Calgary road closures - January 5, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – January 5, 2016
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday, January 4. This closure continues during these hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. is closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been permanently removed.
NEW: The right lane of both eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.W. is closed east of Rocky Ridge Road N.W. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, January 6. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Saturday, January 9 and accommodates utility work.
NEW: The right lane of southbound 112 Avenue N.W. is closed at Country Hills Boulevard N.W. daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, January 6. This closure accommodates traffic signal work and continues until Saturday, January 9, where the closure will happen between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
NEW: Eastbound Brentwood Road N.W. is closed at Crowchild Trail N.W. and a two way traffic setup will be in place in the westbound lanes from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, January 6. This closure accommodates utility work.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
Various lane closures on 12 Avenue S.E. between Macleod Trail S and 5 Street S.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, January 4. These closures continue daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, January 8 and accommodates utility installation.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. until 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 2 due to construction of the National Music Centre. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
Update: 5 Street S.W. is reduced to narrow southbound lanes between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 5 for approximately six weeks. During this closure the cycle track will also be closed along this stretch. Cyclists are asked to practice patience, follow signage, ride courteously and cooperate with pedestrians on the east sidewalk during this closure. Alternate routes are recommended, this closure accommodates utility installation.
The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of westbound 17 Avenue S.W. is closed at 26 Street S.W. daily between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, January 4. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, January 8 and accommodates construction.
13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become one-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
Annual Lion’s Festival of Lights
14 Street N.W. between 24 Avenue N.W. and Rosehill Drive N.W. will have slow moving traffic nightly from November 28 until January 8. Motorists should use extra care, be aware of pedestrians and reduce their speed in this area.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.