Calgary road closures - January 25, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – January 25, 2016
NEW: Various single lane closures at 36 Street N.E. and Rundlehorn Drive N.E. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, January 26. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 28. This closure accommodates well testing.
NEW: Various single lane closures and speed limit reduced to 50 km/hr. on both directions of Country Hills Boulevard N.W. east of Rocky Ridge Road N.W. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Tuesday, January 26. This closure accommodates construction.
Westbound 48 Avenue N.E. is closed east of Barlow Trail N.E. and a two-way traffic setup will be in place in the eastbound lanes beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, January 25. This closure continues until 6 a.m. on Wednesday, January 27 and accommodates construction.
The left lane of northbound 36 Street N.E. is closed between 24 Avenue and 25 Avenue N.E. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. continues daily until Saturday, February 6. This closure accommodates work on a pedestrian overpass.
The right lane of southbound 36 Street N.E. is closed at 25 Avenue N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, January 12. This closure continues during these hours until 3 p.m. on Saturday, February 6 and accommodates construction.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday, January 4. This closure continues during these hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
The right lane and adjacent bike lane of eastbound 9 Avenue S.E. at 6 Street S.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Tuesday, January 26. Motorists are advised to yield to cyclists. This closure accommodates signal work.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
NEW: The right lane of eastbound 17 Avenue S.W. is closed between 1 Street and 2 Street S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, January 26 and Wednesday, January 27. This closure accommodates construction.
5 Street S.W. is reduced to narrow southbound lanes between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 5 for approximately six weeks. During this closure the cycle track will also be closed along this stretch. Cyclists are asked to practice patience, follow signage, ride courteously and cooperate with pedestrians on the east sidewalk during this closure. Alternate routes are recommended, this closure accommodates utility installation.
13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become one-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- Single left lane closures on northbound and southbound Crowchild Trail at Flanders Avenue S.W. with a speed reduction to 50 km/hr. daily beginning in early January. This closure will continue daily during these hours until late February.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.