Calgary road closures - January 19, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – January 19, 2016
NEW: The left lane of southbound 36 Street N.E. is closed at 20 Avenue N.E. between 9:45 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Wednesday, January 20. This closure accommodates construction.
The right lane of westbound 80 Avenue N.E. is closed at Marthas Meadow Drive N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. beginning on Monday, January 18. This closure continues daily during these hours until 5 p.m. on Friday, January 22 and accommodates construction.
The left lane of northbound 36 Street N.E. is closed between 24 Avenue and 25 Avenue N.E. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. continues daily until Saturday, February 6. This closure accommodates work on a pedestrian overpass.
The right lane of southbound 36 Street N.E. is closed at 25 Avenue N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, January 12. This closure continues during these hours until 3 p.m. on Saturday, February 6 and accommodates construction.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday, January 4. This closure continues during these hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. is closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been permanently removed.
NEW: Various lane closures and speed limit reduction to 50 km/hr. on eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.W. east of Rocky Ridge Road N.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, January 20. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, January 22. On Saturday, January 23, various closures in the same stretch will take place between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. These closures accommodates utility work.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
NEW: 4 Street S.E. will be closed between 7 Avenue S.E. and 8 Avenue S.E. beginning at 12 p.m. on Thursday, January 21. This closure will continue until 7 p.m. on Saturday, January 23 and accommodates crane installation.
The left lane of 5 Street S.W. is closed between 11 Avenue and 12 Avenue S.W. daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, January 18. During this closure, cycle traffic will be redirected to the closed traffic lane and the cycle lane will be closed. This closure accommodates glass work.
- NEW: The left lane will be closed on westbound Glenmore Trail west of 30 Street S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, January 21 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. Glenmore Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
The right lane of 2 Street S.W. is closed between 8 Avenue S.W. and 9 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 19 and Wednesday, January 20. This closure accommodates utility work.
Eastbound and westbound Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail, will have various single lanes closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily starting Tuesday, January 12 until Friday, January 15 for work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange construction. This closure will also occur during these hours on Monday, January 18. Flagman personnel will also be on site to stop traffic periodically, when overhead span wire needs to be moved across open traffic lanes.
5 Street S.W. is reduced to narrow southbound lanes between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 5 for approximately six weeks. During this closure the cycle track will also be closed along this stretch. Cyclists are asked to practice patience, follow signage, ride courteously and cooperate with pedestrians on the east sidewalk during this closure. Alternate routes are recommended, this closure accommodates utility installation.
13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become one-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- Single left lane closures on northbound and southbound Crowchild Trail at Flanders Avenue S.W. with a speed reduction to 50 km/hr. daily beginning in early January. This closure will continue daily during these hours until late February.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.