Calgary road closures - December 31, 2015
NEW: The right lane of 36 Street N.E. is closed between 24 Avenue N.E. and 25 Avenue N.E. and the speed limit is reduced to 50 km/hr. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, January 4. This closure accommodates construction.
NEW: The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday, January 4. This closure continues during these hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
NEW: The right lane of northbound Edmonton Trail N.E. is closed at 4 Avenue N.E. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday, January 4. This closure accommodates construction.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. is closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been permanently removed.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
NEW: The right lane of eastbound Anderson Road S.E. east of Acadia Drive S.E. is closed and the speed limit is reduced to 50 km/hr. beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, January 2. This closure remains in place until 5 p.m. on Sunday, January 3 and accommodates water services work.
NEW: Various lane closures on 12 Avenue S.E. between Macleod Trail S and 5 Street S.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, January 4. These closures continue daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, January 8 and accommodates utility installation.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. until 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 2 due to construction of the National Music Centre. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
NEW: 5 Street S.W. is completely closed, including sidewalks, between 2 Avenue and 3 Avenue S.W. between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturday, January 2. This closure accommodates work on the plus 15 structure.
NEW: The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of westbound 17 Avenue S.W. is closed at 26 Street S.W. daily between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, January 4. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, January 8 and accommodates construction.
NEW: Northbound and Southbound 5 Street S.W. is reduced to a narrow single lane in each direction between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 5 for approximately six weeks. During this closure the cycle track will also be closed along this stretch. Cyclists are asked to practice patience, ride courteously and cooperate with pedestrians on the east sidewalk during this closure. Alternate routes are recommended, this closure accommodates utility installation.
13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become one-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
Mac’s Midget International Hockey Tournament
- The Max Bell Arena entrance and exit will be limited to right-in and right out traffic onto Barlow Trail S.W. from Saturday, December 26 to Saturday, January 2. This is to facilitate traffic flow.
- Police will be onsite directing traffic
New Year’s Eve Celebration
- From Tuesday, December 29 at 9 a.m., through Saturday, January 2, the left lane of MacLeod Trail northbound between 7 – 8 Avenue SE will be closed.
- On Thursday, December 31, MacLeod Trail SE northbound will be closed from 3 p.m. – 3 a.m. at 9 Avenue SE.
Annual Lion’s Festival of Lights
14 Street N.W. between 24 Avenue N.W. and Rosehill Drive N.W. will have slow moving traffic nightly from November 28 until January 8. Motorists should use extra care, be aware of pedestrians and reduce their speed in this area.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.