Accessing police services during enhanced public health measures
As of Thursday, March 19, 2020, citizens who require assistance at Calgary Police Service district offices will see a change in our business practice. Citizens will be asked to call in prior to entry. District office phone numbers will be posted on the door and are available on calgarypolice.ca. Officers will be available to answer questions, take reports for some offences and provide direction on next steps.
We are also enhancing our online reporting system and are working to expand categories. Additionally, all Police Information Checks are being deferred to the online application process that can be found on calgarypolice.ca.
There are a number of alternative reporting options and ways to reach officers if you have questions:
- Call 9-1-1 only for emergencies or crimes in progress. If you accidentally dial, stay on the line.
- Call the non-emergency number 403-266-1234 for all other reports of crime – robbery, late reporting of assault or abuse, house or commercial property break and enter (not in progress), theft of vehicle etc.
- Online Reporting (calgarypolice.ca) – damage to property, lost property, theft, shoplifting, and car prowlings.
- Police Information Check (ePIC) – submit your application online. Applications may be triaged. If you have questions, or require fingerprinting for vulnerable sector checks, please call 403-428-2052.
- District Offices – Call your local district office prior to attending to receive direction on what services can be done over the phone from home. Officers are also available to answer general inquiries by phone.
- General Inquiries – you can email general inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to us through one of our many social media channels. Although we can’t take reports through email or social media, officers are available to answer your questions. Twitter - @CalgaryPolice Facebook- CalgaryPolice
- Alarm Bylaw – applications can be submitted by email and payments can be done over the phone 403-428-8336 email@example.com
- Ticket Control Unit – questions about tickets can be referred to 403-428-5991
- Correspondence Unit – request for information or documents can be submitted by email and payments can be made over the phone 403-428-5922 firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for helping us keep our officers healthy during these challenging circumstances.