2021 General Election - Candidate Information Sessions
Elections Calgary is holding the first of a series of online information sessions for people interested in running for mayor, councillor or school board trustee in Calgary's 2021 General Election on October 18, 2021.
People interested in running are encouraged to attend one of the following sessions:
- Wednesday, Nov. 18: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 18: 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 26: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 26: 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The online sessions will be hosted on Microsoft Teams and a computer or mobile device is required to join the presentation. All sessions will present the same information; a copy of the presentation will be posted online at a later date.
The online information sessions will include a presentation followed by a question and answer period and will include information on the following:
- Local Authorities Elections Act (LAEA)
- Important dates & What's New for 2021
- What to expect on the ballot
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Candidate eligibility
- Nomination forms
- Ward boundaries for 2021 General Election
- Options to submit nomination papers
- Conditions when nominations papers will not be accepted
- Campaign finances for outside campaign period
Anyone interested in attending a session can register at electionscalgary.ca/candidates.
Using Microsoft Teams
If you are joining from a laptop or desktop computer, you do not need to download the Microsoft Teams app. You will be able to choose whether to join the meeting online, or through the Teams app. Ensure you are using a supported browser:
- Internet Explorer 11
- The latest version of Chrome
- The latest version of Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
If you are joining from a mobile device, you will need to download the free Microsoft Teams app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or wherever you get your apps. Considering installing the app in advance to avoid missing any of the session.