Calgary Fire Department Responds to Call at Elementary School
October 22, 2012 12:39 PM Category: Fire
At approximately 10:45 this morning, Calgary Fire Department crews responded to Ecole St. Cecilia School (610 Agate Crescent SE). Upon arrival, crews found the school's boiler system had overheated.
Approximately 230 students had been evacuated from the school and moved to the nearby Acadia Elementary as a precaution before fire crews arrived on scene. Fire crews shut off the natural gas and coordinated repair efforts with safety codes officers and building maintenance. The heating system has been repaired and deemed safe and students were returned to St. Cecilia just after 1:00 p.m.
The Calgary Catholic School Board will be sending a letter home with St. Cecilia students tonight.
Media ContactsClick to View PR Contacts
Recent Blog Posts
May 31, 2013 10:00 AM
May 30, 2013 01:41 PM
cityofcalgary: $52 million, 5 options. Public info. session centre court, @chinookcentre Sat. 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. http://t.co/DFzhMnrcVg #yyc52m
May 31, 2013 05:05 PM
cityofcalgary: Want to know the lane restrictions and road closures for the weekend? Visit http://t.co/9nj3Eczfa6 #yycroads, #yyctraffic
May 31, 2013 03:40 PM