Man charged in five bank robberies
The Calgary Police Service Robbery Unit has charged a man in relation to five bank robberies.
The following robberies are believed to be connected:
- On Monday, Aug. 28, 2017, at approximately 5:40 p.m., the ATB located in the 1300 block of MacLeod Trail S.E.
- On Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017, at approximately 5:10 p.m., the TD Canada Trust located in the 700 block of 3 Street S.W.
- On Monday, Sept. 18, 2017, at approximately 5:10 p.m., the TD Canada Trust located in the 5000 block of Dalhousie Drive N.W.
- On Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017, at approximately 3:45 p.m., the Scotiabank located in the 7700 block of 18 Street S.E.
- On Monday, Sept. 25, 2017, at approximately 4:50 p.m., the CIBC located in the 300 block of 8 Avenue S.W.
On Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017, a suspect was arrested for an unrelated theft in the downtown core. During the arrest it was determined the suspect matched the description of the man believed to be involved in the five bank robberies listed above.
William Joseph WEATHERBEE, 30, is charged with five counts of robbery along with theft under $5,000, possession of methamphetamines for the purpose of trafficking, and possession of other drugs. He will next appear in court on Oct. 10, 2017.