Calgary road closures - March 20, 2017
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions press release
March 20, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
Extended Closure: Westbound 16 Avenue N.W. is reduced to a single lane at 11 Street N.W. beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday, March 18. This closure continues until 8 p.m. on Monday, March 20 and accommodates water utility work.
- Daily lane reductions on Sarcee Trail N.W. and 16 Avenue N.W. through the project limits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until further notice.
- The right lane of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed at Sarcee Trail N.W. daily from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Thursday, March 2. This closure repeats daily on weekdays until late April 2017.
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
There will be no access to Taravista Drive N.E. from northbound Saddletowne Circle N.E. on weekend days from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. beginning on Saturday, February 25. Motorists will be detoured to 80 Avenue / Tarawood Lane N.E. via signage during the closure. This closure repeats during weekend days during these hours until further notice and accommodates construction.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road.
The two right lanes of 6 Avenue S.W. are closed between 8 Street S.W. and 9 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on weekdays beginning on Thursday, March 9. This closure continues daily on weekdays during these hours, and also on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. This closure accommodates utility work and continues until further notice.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 7 Street and 8 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, March 1. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Friday, March 31.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Southwest Ring Road Project
Work is underway on the Southwest Ring Road project. For more information on work happening, visit http://www.swcrrproject.com/traffic-updates/